Saturday morning I woke up and went to the street market with some of the girls I've been hanging out with. It was so big and awesome. They had everything there from clothes to kitchen stuff to fresh food. I bought oranges, bananas, broccoli, and zucchini. It was pretty intimidating at first because I don't really know much Greek yet but most people speak English.
I'm apparently lame and would rather save my money for traveling than go out every night and spend like 5+ euros per drink so luckily I've found some similar people to hang out with. Saturday night we went to a cafe to get dessert and chill. They were so delicious. yum. I got this chocolate/strawberry thing that was sooo good. And whenever you sit in at a coffee shop or anything like that they give you water too which I think is cute. Plus in Greece, at restaurants or cafes they don't rush you at all to leave when you're done, instead you have to ask for the bill when you're ready. So we ate dessert, played phase 10 and just talked for a while. This particular one closed at eleven though so we'll have to find another one that's open later. We spent the rest of our night planning our weekend trips :) We have a long weekend coming up this weekend so we're going to go see some ruins and a close island. yay!
Sunday I went to the archaeological museum. It was pouring out and windy so that was not so fun getting there. That was pretty interesting, mostly jewelry, but small.
So classes! They start much later here (as pretty much everything is pushed back). So I have class starting at noon Monday, Wednesday, Friday and 11:30 Tuesday/Thursday. The campus is literally two buildings. There's the library and the other building with classrooms and the cafeteria and stuff. It's up on a hill though with great views so I will take pictures for you! Classes were good, they seem like they're going to be easy enough. I had my anthropology class (ethnographic accounts of greek culture) and Greek today. I still feel like the Americans are very segregated from everyone else still. There were some in my anthro class though so hopefully we'll eventually mix it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment